Monday, July 21, 2008

live in Mass? act now to protect midwifery

Please help protect midwifery in Massachusetts and a woman's right to choose where and with whom she births (yes that would be protecting our right to choose the reproductive choice that NOW and others have been so silent on). Please do this right away--by July 24th, or the bill will die and need to reintroduced yet again. Then please tell everyone you know about it. All the details can be found at the MFOM link below.


http://mfomnews.wordpress.com/lobbying/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the government is trying to take away one more of our rights. I have had three homebirths with midwives and they were the greatest experiences of my life. I live in TX so I guess I don't have a say in the laws of Mass., but I wish you all the best.

Julie said...

thanks--outrageous is the word that comes to mind . . .
How can we expect to have women centered maternity in the US with ACOG and now the AMA seeking to ban homebirth? Sigh, if we loose homebirth the gold standard of natural birth will disappear and we'll be left with just obs, most of whom have never even seen a normal birth!