Wednesday, August 13, 2008

summer ramblings

Well summer is flying along and I finally got my rain barrels from www.nerainbarrel.com. They are totally nice there and they work to keep rain barrels affordable--at $66 they are half what they are other places, but you have to pick them up at one of their drop offs. They're almost done for the year, but next summer . . . if you need a rain barrel . . .

I totally recommend Merle's Door--maybe the best man and dog book I've read. I got the cds of it out of the library and now the kids are listening to it too. Totally makes me want to move to Wyoming. I also really liked Goat Walking about how to head out into the desert with just a couple of goats and what smart animals goats are and how to live with them.

I finally went to the www.montaguebookmill.com. "Books you don't need in a place you can't find." Definately worth a visit if you're out in western Mass. It's a beautiful old mill. They have lots of used books and comfy chairs to sit in while you check them out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is a rain barrel?!! I am from Texas and have no clue...But I do love the quilts; fantastic.

Julie said...

A rain barrel is a place to collect rain water. You can put one under you gutter and store water to use later in the garden. I've wanted one as a way to save water, and also have unchlorinated water for my garden.