Monday, December 8, 2008

4 books and a pair of mittens

My nephew Jonah is turning 4 (four!!) and the girls and I made him this pair of mittens from a felted sweater from Morgies (Good Will). I got the idea for combining it with the book The Mitten from Write Mama Write http://writemamawrite.typepad.com/blog/2007/11/mitten-tutorial.html



I've been reading a lot of great books lately:

The Heretic's Daughter--great historical fiction about the Salem Witch trials written by a descendent of one of the accused--I got to hear her speak at Porter Square books--fabulous!
The Lemon Tree--the story of the Israeli family who moves into an old Arab house in 1948 and the Palestinian family who were forced out
The House at Sugar Beach--a memoir about a Liberian childhood
The Zookeeper's Wife--true story of a Polish couple who hid Jews in their Zoo during the Polish occupation, beautifully written

No comments: