Sunday, January 6, 2008

one little detail . . .







I finished knitting my latest shawl last night. I'm very excited. It was scary there in the beginning casting on 1095 stitches (for that ruffle on the bottom) and I didn't quite get how I could decrease on every row and end on the wide/top part of the shawl, but that all worked out. I really like the ruffle and the wrap-around-and-tie-in-back style.



The detail is that there is an i cord decrease, so even though I could tell before the end that I was knitting a tiny garment, I couldn't figure out how to reduce the rate of decreasing and keep the nice i cord edge. It was not my original intent to make a shawl that fits an 8 year old so well. I hope at least she'll wear it.



2 comments:

Louise said...

Love the shawl.........where does the pattern come from, and what size needles did you use?

Anonymous said...

The pattern is called Ruffles and Ridges, designed by Joanne Clark, published by Fibertrend, knit up on us 9 size kneedles.