Monday, December 31, 2007

as the sun sets on '07


I got to spend a few relaxing days on the Cape this week. This was one of the sunsets we saw over Waquoit Bay.
Here is an Anne Lamott quote from her book Plan B, which I'm using as inspiration not to make any new years resolutions:
"I don't think that if I lie to be eighty I'm going to wish I'd spent more hours in the gym or kept my house a lot cleaner. I'm going to wish I had swum more unashamedly, made more mistakes, spaced out more, rested. On the day I die, I want to have had dessert."
Happy New Year! Enjoy your next trip around the sun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I subscribe to Anne Lamott's opinion as well. I like the part about mistakes. So many seem to want to go for perfection, rather than the alternative, to seek out how many mistakes one can make. I've found taking a different path, pushing the limits, trying something new, whatever you want to call it, or just general living provides lots of opportunity to make mistakes. It's like getting lost when driving. You think you know how to get someplace and then you take a wrong turn but you notice something new and different, what an amazing mistake! I do have one issue she didn't say anything about knitting more.