Sunday, March 30, 2008

Ready or not, here we goat!!

When in doubt--celebrate everything! This weekend not only did the goats come home, but the kids both competed with their 4H visual presentations at the state level! Rebecca did hers on maple sugaring and placed 2nd and got invited back to the Big E! She also was one of 4 kids chosen to be photographed and interviewed by UMass extension. This was Sophie's first year competing at state (last year she was a cloverbud and they only do club and county). She did an awesome vp on tacking up a horse!

So naturally my mother baked a cake.
The cake baker. If you know how to rotate her please leave me a comment!
They're here! Mother and baby--mom's name was Beullah, we're calling her Bella. The baby is 2 weeks old and so far has no name. We're considering Charlotte, Shadow, Tiny Miny, and Melissa. It's not a democracy, but if you have an opinion please put it in the comments.

We came out to this this morning:




We milked Bella morning and night on our brand new milking stand. We got 2 cups each time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh so cute!!!

(When I'm over at your house I can look at what software you have for your pictures and maybe see if we can rotate your mom - so to speak.)

AKbushbaby said...

I love/want goats! They are adorable. I'd love to get one for its milk and ultimately its cheese. How much space do they need?

Martha said...

How exciting! First the goats are coming. Now the goats are here. And ... I've never been pictured with a goat on a blog before (and certainly not horizontally).

Julie said...

They don't need much space at all. We have our 2 fenced in by 4 16' combo panels and they sleep in a dog house. That was part of the appeal of getting dwarves for me, you can keep them practically anywhere. They just passed a law in Seattle making it legal to keep up to 3 in the city!

AKbushbaby said...

Good to know. Now I just to convince my husband. I mean, we already have mortgage the house when we go out of town to get someone to look after our yard full of sled dogs, so what's one goat?!