Friday, October 17, 2008

birth bumperstick fundraiser

I just bought a bumper sticker to support birthing women in Africa.

"Keep your kids off drugs....Choose an unmedicated birth" (an adorable pregnant belly drives the point home)!

To buy one http://babysbirthbenefits.com/events.aspx

More info:

My passion for birth has led me to pursue my degree in Midwifery and I'm well on my way!
As part of this journey, I have been offered the opportunity to intern at a hospital in Malawi Africa. Embangweni Hospital was founded by International Health Ministries and is a Peace Corp. partner with the Church of Central Africa Presbyterian. It serves a rural population and has 2000 births per year. There are only a handful of care providers, and 3 Staff members. I plan to serve birthing women of Malawi in March and April of 2009. In an effort to raise funds for this mission and to bring supplies and gifts, I am offering these bumper stickers for a MINIMUM donation of $5.00 (of course anything over $5.00 would be extremely helpful). If you make a donation, I will promptly send you a bumper sticker. Donations can be made by paypal to liljoy143@aol.com. 100% of your donation will go toward this mission. I sincerely appreciate your support.
My Best and Many Thanks- Student Midwife, LaNette

No comments: