Monday, October 27, 2008

hangin' out at home

The weather has taken a turn for the cold and I twisted my ankle and well, I already mentioned the puppy, all of which are conspiring to keep us at home. I've been reading The Heretic's Daughter, which is excellent, historical fiction about the Salem witch trials written by a descendant of some of the accused and The Magic of Fire, a beautiful book about hearth cooking, with lots of recipes and folk lore. We made cookies and bean stew with beans I ordered from Rancho Gordo.

Rebecca sewed a skirt using the free pattern at http://www.oliverands.com/.

I made 2 pairs of mittens and one pair of fingerless gloves out of felted sweaters. The mitten pattern is from Warm Fuzzies by Betz White.


Sophie woke up one morning recently and said "I want to sew a pair of pajama pants!" And competent kid that she is--here they are.






1 comment:

Martha said...

Wow. I'm all caught up now on your blogs. What a R E A L L Y busy couple of weeks you've had! And, what wonderful things you've been doing - from the blankets for the Linus Project, to fostering the new puppy, to entertaining at the twins party and so much more! You make me proud.